Monday, December 30, 2013

2014 Goals

My goals for 2014 are:

  • To start this blog.  Back in summer of this year I opened an account to start blogging but I am too busy to post. I've been reading a lot of personal financial blogs and I can see how it help them on achieving their goals. I'm hoping this blog will serve me well. I will use this blog in my advantage  to achieve my set goals then come back  to keep track of my progress. 
  • Increase my savinsg rate. 2013 has been a really good year for me. I learned so much  about  techniques on how to increase my savings. I have a lot more of room for improvement, a lot more room to learn. I'll try to increase my savings rate by minimizing my expenses. 
  • To increase my net worth $100k. I know this is going to be hard. I will not include my 401k, I am only aiming for liquid cash because 401k will not be accessible  until age 55 so 401k will not be included in this number. (I will continue to participate in my employer 401k program).  My sharebuilder account is at $58,372. My money market is at $20,000. I am maintaining my MM at 20k for  for emergency fund in case something happened like unemployment or something. Still, my MM will not be included in with my 100k goal. Needless to say, my target for this year is to earn  42K and invest it in dividend stocks. 
  • To pay off my student loan balance. This is my only debt so far. It is worh +$5,000.  Before the end of 2013 i will pay this off (thats tomorrow).  Its started with 24k of 2010 when i went back to school. Ive been paying twice of what im supposed to be paying and i want to start the new year with debt free. 
  • To use my bike more than half of the time to commute to work
  • To invest 3k every month on stocks
  • To regain my 6pk and maintain (lol tough one but ill try)
  • To spend more time with Paige
  • To organize my portfolio
  • To organize my income/expense ratio

No comments:

Post a Comment