Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Biggest Weakness

Who can't appreciate an ice cold craft beer straight from the fridge? That sound when pouring it in a glass straight out of the freezer? The nice color that's very pleasant to the eye, that golden bubbly clear color? And the smell, the smell is floral and strong, you could almost actually taste the beer right beneath your nose. Ultimately the taste, that bitter sweet taste of molasses and hops and other fruity flavor that the brew master put together to give you the unique experience. And it doesn't end there, even in your burp you can taste the beer, it may sound nasty to some but that's what it is. Still it doesn't end there... the buzz that it gives after finishing a bottle makes the beer drinker happy. Another one ups the buzz. One more and you might be heading to bed. Finish a six pack and you might be sleeping where you're sitting at (at least for me, I'm way past my drinking prime).


These hobby is costing me around $35 for a 24 bottle that can last me for a month. I am not a heavy drinker but I can say that Im a craft beer enthusiast. I don't know if I should give it up. There are two negative impact that's affecting my goal right now. First is money, 35x12 is $420 per year cost. It translates to $6,400 value if I invest it to Vanguard for a 10 year period, $20,000 on a 20 year period and $50,000 on 30 years. That's a lot of money for the price of a buzz! Second that affects me is my six pack goal, although this ones not a big deal, but I had to work extra hard to shake off those extra calories and extra carbs that my body doesn't need. Its more of a want than a need for me.

So here it goes, I've decided to cut down on my alcohol consumption for the sake of achieving my goals. This is my biggest weakness so far and my biggest personal unnecessary expense that I can live without. Im gona do it slowly tapering it down but Im not sure if I could cut it totally out of my life. I doubt it but Ill try. Slashing it to 50% will be an achievement for me, just by imagining myself drinking outside the backyard after a long shift of work and grabbing a nice cold craft beer to relax will be a struggle already haha! That's how good it is!


one of my all time craft beer favorite- little sumpin' ale

No comments:

Post a Comment